Anglicare Central Queensland’s counselling and family support team works with individuals and families, children and young people.
Our services are free and available to everyone, and you do not need a referral. Simply contact us to discuss how we can help with your individual or family needs. We also work with people who have been referred to us by their health care team, other divisions of AnglicareCQ, or other agencies.
Our services are culturally sensitive, and we are experienced in working with Indigenous people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We provide free generalist counselling services, as well as specialist support for families, children and young people. Our counsellors can work with you to:
- Identify your goals and make plans to reach them
- Explore your emotions, thoughts and behaviours
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Improve your relationships
- Increase your participation in your community
- Explore new coping skills and ways of doing things differently
We work with young people through outreach services in various high schools around the Rockhampton and Livingstone council areas. We also provide training in social skills, relationships and personal development tailored to young people, including:
- Peer Skills program for youth
- LOVE BITES program for high school students
All our services are confidential: your family, friends, workmates and community won’t know you’ve come to see us unless you choose to tell them. However, we are obliged to tell other people about your situation in certain circumstances, such as notifying the police or ambulance when you or another person is in serious immediate danger of physical harm.