“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit” – Aristotle
What’s happening in the Continuous Improvement space?
- I recently spent one week down in the Gladstone office. I really enjoyed my time in the office and it was refreshing to see the great work that is happening on the ground by our staff.
- We have started meeting regularly around our National Regulatory System Community Housing (NRSCH) accreditation. Our compliance return is due to be submitted via the CHRIS portal between 9th November 2017 – 21st December 2017.
- Working with management and our residential program staff around improving processes and practice to ensure we are meeting our own organisational benchmarks and legislative / regulatory requirements. I have coordinated a fortnightly compliance meeting (ACQ staff only) for those involved in Child Safety Licensing so we can collectively discuss ideas of improvement.
- Will start meeting with staff around our Human Services Quality Framework (HSQF) maintenance audit which is due to be finalised before 1 March 2018. I have requested some audit dates from our certification body, once this has been finalised, staff will be made aware.
- I have been working closely with Geoff Higgins and Carol Godwin around the completion of the complex registration process for our organisation within the myplace portal for our NDIS services.
- Also been working within the outcomes project and started assisting a little with the business systems (visicase part) as well as doing my normal day to day to role.
In closing, please remember that every single staff member is an important and valued part of our continuous improvement process. I really love hearing from staff around what is working and what is not working in relation to our processes and practice.
A little food for thought:
The most dangerous phrase in the language is “We’ve always done it this way” – unknown